• 1 kg green tiger prawns
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
• 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
• 1 Tbsp lime rind (finely grated)
• 2 Tbsps peanut oil
• 500 gms – 2 medium avocados
• 2 Tbsps lime juice
• 2 medium tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
• 1 small red onion (chopped)
• 2 tsps ground cumin
• 2 Tbsps fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- Shell and de-vein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Combine prawns in a large bowl with basil, garlic and lime rind. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry prawns until they change colour.
- Mash flesh of one avocado in a small bowl until smooth.
- Chop flesh of second avocado roughly then add to bowl of mashed avocado with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well. Spoon avocado mash onto serving dishes and divide equally onto each dish.
- Serve immediately.