Just for Weight Loss
Dr. MacLeod’s shakes were formulated by weight loss and food science experts for the medical treatment of overweight and obesity. Our shakes provide the complete nutrition you need for safe and healthy weight management.
Can I mix the shakes with milk?
The Dr Macleod’s shakes are formulated to be delicious mixed just with water. Plus – using water minimises your daily calorie and carbohydrate intake.
You can choose to mix them with skim milk, however please consider:
- The shakes will need to be very well agitated or blended to mix properly. Because the formulation for the shakes is based on skim milk powder, they will only go onto solution with very good agitation otherwise your shake could be lumpy.
- 250ml of skim milk adds 90 calories and 12.5 grams of carbohydrates to your daily intake. If you do this for 2 shakes per day, you will be consuming an additional 180 calories and 25 grams of carbohydrates which will slow down your weight loss results and prevent you going into ketosis.
Do the shakes contain artificial sweeteners?
Dr. MacLeod’s VLED shakes are sweetened with natural sugar.They do not contain aspartame or any other artificial sweetener.
Is it ok to use more water when I prepare my shakes?
Yes. You can use more than the recommended 200-250 ml of water to prepare your shakes. Adding more water will dilute the taste and thickness – so if you prefer a thinner consisitency with subtle flavours adding more water is ideal.
Can I add flavours to my shakes?
Yes you can add flavours to your shakes just check the carbohydrates.
Essences for flavouring are a good low calorie option because the serving size and carbohydrate intake is very small. Be sure to choose Essences as opposed to Extracts. Extracts are much higher in sugar.
Are the shakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Our VLED drinks shake into a creamy milkshake and can be enjoyed as your breakfast, lunch or dinner meal.
What does nutritionally complete mean?
All of our VLED weight loss products contain a nutritionally complete combination of protein, carbohydrates and fats which has been proven to help preserve muscle mass while you lose fat. Additionally, each product contains the vitamins and minerals you need to maintain your health.
Nutritionally complete means complete nutrition.
Mix it up
Pour a minimum of 200ml of chilled water into a shaker or container. Shake vigorously for 45 to 60 seconds, or for an extra frothy shake use a blender or whisk and mix until completely smooth. Once thoroughly mixed enjoy within 15 minutes for maximum taste and nutritional benefit.
- Blend or shake with ice cubes.
- Add more water to taste
- Enjoy warm: Add contents to 150ml of hot tap water, mix well (do not shake). Add boiling water to 200ml – 300ml according to taste.
Ingredients & Nutrition
COFFEE: Milk Solids, Beverage Whitener, Sucrose, Inulin, Polydextrose, Coffee Powder, Minerals (Phosphorous, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Iodine), Flavour, Vegetable Gum (415), Colour, Vitamins (C, E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine, Thiamin, A, Folic Acid, K, Biotin, D, B12), Marine Oil
Allergens: Contains Fish, Milk, Soy.
- Proudly developed and made in Australia.
- Delicious flavours you’ll enjoy and look forward to.
- High in protein and fortified with 26 vitamins and minerals for healthy weight loss.
- Premium range developed by medical weight loss experts.
- Rich in Amino Acids
|Ave Qty per serve (55g)||Ave Qty per 100g||Per MJ|