Just for Weight Loss
Dr. MacLeod’s soups were formulated by weight loss and food science experts for the medical treatment of overweight and obesity. Our soups provide the complete nutrition you need for safe and healthy weight management.
Can I add flavours or spices to my soups?
Yes you can add flavours to your soups just check the carbohydrates.
Chilli, pepper, salt, basil – the herb options are endless and unlimited. Get as spicy as you like.
Sauces such as chilli sauce or soy sauce can be used in moderation also – just be sure to choose sauces with little to no carbohydrates.
Can I mix the soups with milk?
The Dr Macleod’s VLED sachets are formulated to be delicious mixed just with water. Plus – using water minimises your daily calorie and carbohydrate intake.
You can choose to mix them with skim milk, however please consider:
- The soups will need to be very well agitated or blended to mix properly. Because the formulation for the soups is based on skim milk powder, they will only go onto solution with very good agitation otherwise your soup could be lumpy.
- 250ml of skim milk adds 90 calories and 12.5 grams of carbohydrates to your daily intake. If you do this for 2 soups per day, you will be consuming an additional 180 calories and 25 grams of carbohydrates which will slow down your weight loss results and prevent you going into ketosis.
Is it ok to use more water when I prepare my soup?
Yes. You can use more than the recommended 200-250 ml of water to prepare your shakes. Adding more water will dilute the taste and thickness – so if you prefer a thinner consisitency with subtle flavours adding more water is ideal.
Are the soups for breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Yes – our VLED soups can be enjoyed at anytime as part of your meal replacement program.
What does nutritionally complete mean?
All of our VLED weight loss products contain a nutritionally complete combination of protein, carbohydrates and fats which has been proven to help preserve muscle mass while you lose fat. Additionally, each product contains the vitamins and minerals you need to maintain your health.
Nutritionally complete means complete nutrition.
Mix it up
To prepare one meal, add the contents of one sachet to 150mL of hot water in a mug or bowl. Stir or whisk until the powder is completely dissolved. Add boiling water to 200 – 300mL to taste.
- Get spicy – add your favourite herbs and spices.
- Chop a selection of vegetables—onion, turnip, squash, carrot, celery and lightly stir fry to release the flavours – then add to your soup for an extra hearty meal.
Ingredients & Nutrition
PUMPKIN: Pumpkin Powder (Pumpkin 11%, Maize Starch, Maltodextrin), Milk Protein, Beverage Whitener, ModiIed Starch (1442), Hydrolysed Collagen, Sucrose, Inulin, Polydextrose, Minerals (Phosphorous, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Iodine), Flavour (Wheat), Onion Powder, Spice, Salt, Natural Colour (Paprika), Vitamins ( C, E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine, Thiamin, A, Folic Acid, K, Biotin, D, B12), Herbs, Marine Oil
Allergens: Contains Fish, Milk, Soy.
- Proudly developed and made in Australia.
- Delicious flavours you’ll enjoy and look forward to.
- High in protein and fortified with 26 vitamins and minerals for healthy weight loss.
- Premium range developed by medical weight loss experts.
- Rich in Amino Acids
|Ave Qty per serve (55g)||Ave Qty per 100g||Per MJ|