- 2 chicken breast halves (approx 150-200 gms)
- 250 gms green beans (fresh, trimmed and cut in half)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4 shallots (sliced)
- 1 stick lemon grass (white only – sliced finely)
- 1 Tbsp ginger (minced)
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- Bring all ingredients, except chicken and beans to the boil, in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts. Simmer gently for a further 7-8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add beans to broth. Cook until beans are tender.
- Ladle broth and beans into Asian serving bowls.
- Slice chicken breasts into thin slices and place on top of each bowl.
- Serve immediately.